The branch standard of the Boothstown British Legion was dedicated at a ceremony in St Mark’s Church, Worsley in April 1937. About 80 men marched in procession from Boothstown school yard, carrying standards from from branches of the British Legion at Hindley, Parr, St Helens, Adlington, Eccles, Radcliffe, Whelly, Wigan, Swinton, Haigh & Aspull, Irlam & Cadishead and Farnworth. The procession was led by Ellenbrook and Boothstown Band. After a service at St Mark’s, a wreath was placed at the church cenotaph and the ‘last post’ was sounded. The branch flag, now unfurled, was marched back to Boothstown, where the party had tea in the Church Institute and a concert in the club-room.
In 1949, a new wing was built onto Boothstown British Legion
The information about the dedication of the branch standard was taken from Memories of Boothstown by Ken Fairfax