This has long been the site of an inn on the turnpike road, and is now a landmark on the East Lancashire Road which cuts across Chaddock Lane. It was called the Queen’s Head by Baines in 1825, when Richard Smith was its tenant; he also farmed Oliver Fold. Standing close to the Queen Anne pit, the pub was known as the Queen Anne in 1838, when its rateable value was £152; it was owned by Lord Francis Egerton and had a brewhouse.
Later landlords included James Harrison (1847), Thomas Cockshout (present at the time of the 1861 and 1871 censuses – in 1861 he was aged 37, a publican and farmer of 90 acres), Charles Frow (aged 62 in 1911), and William Weedall (1918 and 1924).
Latterly, the pub sign shows Queen Victoria, rather than Queen Anne (picture, below). (For a contemporary reference to the Queen Anne from 1871 see: Victorian Ramblers.)
The Queens Arms is now an Indian restaurant known as Amans Worsley