The Royal Oak

In 1891 the publical of the Roal Oak was John Marsh (55). He lived with his wife, Jane, and family, including their son John (17) who was a ‘musical student’, but who would run the Greyhound pub ten years later. In 1901 the publican of the Royal Oak was James Peers, aged 35. The pictures below shows the Royal Oak pub alongside Yates’s Mill, which was closed in 1968.

Post Office 1947